- New Slavery: A Reference Handbook (Contemporary World Issues) By Kevin Bales (2005)
- Human Trafficking: A Global Perspective By Louise Shelley (2010)
- Daughters: The Heartbreak of Human Trafficking By James Nelson (2011)
- The Slave Next Door: Human Trafficking and Slavery in America Today By Kevin Bales and Ron Soodalter (2010)
- Not for Sale: The Return of the Global Slave Trade and How we Can Fight It By David Batstone (2010)
- Disposable People: New Slavery in the Global Economy by Kevin Bales (2004)
- Half the Sky: Turning Oppression into Opportunity for Women Worldwide By Sheryl WuDunn and Nicholas Kristof
- United Nations 2014 Trafficking in Persons Report
- Multnomah County 2015 CSEC Status Report
- The Polaris Project
- Free the Slaves
- Not For Sale
Films and Documentaries
- A Path Appears - A three-part documentary film series produced by Nicholas Kristof and Sheryl WuDunn regarding sex trafficking in the United States, the cycle of poverty, and violence and abuse.
- Back to Innocence - A short film produced by the Jubilee Project to raise awareness about sex trafficking. Watch it on Youtube.
- Human Trafficking Documentary - A ten-minute film about the factors that make someone vulnerable to traffickers as well as ways that people are unknowingly lured into slavery when seeking employment.
- Trade - A movie following the stories of girls from different backgrounds who are lured into the sex trade. The trailer is available on YouTube, but the full movie is available on Netflix.
- Remember The Girl - A short film produced in correspondence with the anti-trafficking organization that explains their namesake and inspires you to get involved.
- Selling the Girl Next Door - A longer documentary that focuses on young women sold into the sex trade in America. Produced by CNN.
- The Price of Sex - A documentary made that highlights the costs imposed on victims of sex trafficking.
- MTV EXIT Campaign - A short film comparing the life of a child who is a victim of forced labor and that of a child blessed with a life free from enslavement.
- What I've Been Through is Not Who I Am - A longer documentary that focuses on the victims of sexual exploitation, how they are trafficked, and how they try to recover.